Now that I have three kids, I've been crafting for my kids rather than myself. Seeing their awed and surprised faces gives me so much more joy than biting into a chocolate bouchon. Austin's favorite thing to have with breakfast is a mug of hot cocoa topped with a mound of marshmallows. So, how much more fun is stirring one of these marshmallow snowmen instead? These are so fun and easy.
- 1 bag of large marshmallows
- chocolate chips
- powdered sugar
- food coloring (red, yellow, and blue)
- for the colored icing: mix a tablespoon of powdered sugar in a bowl with 1-2 teaspoons of milk. use one drop of red and one drop of yellow food coloring to make orange icing. repeat this step and use two drops of blue food coloring to make blue icing.
- for the chocolate: melt a handful of chocolate chips in a microwavable safe bowl in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. the chocolate should be soft but not melted. stir together until all is smooth. if some pieces are still hard, put it back in the microwave for another minute. you may have to reheat as you're working if it starts to cool and solidify. set aside.
- using a toothpick and draw on eyes, mouth, buttons, and accessories as you wish.