- 1 pack of phyllo dough
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 cup of Brazilian nuts and pecans
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place nuts into a food processor and ground with sugar, then set aside.
- Lay out phyllo dough and butter from edge to edge. Sprinkle with nut/sugar mixture.
- Roll up and cut into desired lengths.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Heat water and sugar until sugar is melted. Add in maple syrup and vanilla, boil for 20 minutes.
- Pour syrup over baklava and soak for 20 minutes before serving.