green tea cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of matcha
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract white chocolate frosting, see above
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners. Mix butter with sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla to mixture. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha.
- Mix wet mixture with dry mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until cake tester comes out clean. 15 to 17 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, decorate with frosting in a pastry bag.