roasted garlic cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- 6 ounces of white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners. Mix butter with sugar. Mash the garlic to a paste. Add eggs, milk, white chocolate, garlic and vanilla to mixture. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix wet mixture with dry mixture.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake until cake tester comes out clean. 15 to 17 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, decorate with white chocolate frosting in a pastry bag.
from cupcake bakeshop
- 7 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, gently melt the white chocolate. Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Beat in the melted white chocolate.
- Add the vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat at low speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl, until light and fluffy.