- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grounded ginger
- 1/2 teaspoo cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract cream cheese frosting
- 1 crunchy peanut butter granola bar, crushed
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Set up cups in pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon. In another large bowl, whisk together the oil, buttermilk, egg, banana, and vanilla.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and a smooth batter is formed.
- Divide the cake batter evenly among cupcake cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely. Makes 12 cupcakes.
- Frost the cupcakes. Top with crushed granola.