peanut butter and jelly cupcakes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup jelly peanut butter frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together, beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together. Combine dry ingredients in four parts into butter mixture, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter into liners, 2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool completely. Using a pastry bag and small tip, squeeze jelly into the center of each cupcake. Then decorate with peanut butter frosting using a pastry bag.
peanut butter frosting
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 6 heaping tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Cook milk and flour until very thick (so thick you can't stir), then COOL.
- Cream butter, sugar and peanut butter until very creamy. Add milk and flour mixture and vanilla. Beat until thick and creamy (about 4 or 5 minutes).