- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- strawberry topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees with rack one-third down from top. Grease a round springform pan and set aside.
- In large bowl of mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until soft and smooth. Add vanilla, sugar and cornstarch. Beat, scraping bowl, until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and add cream gradually with mixer on low speed. The mixture should be thin and smooth. Add the lemon juice last and beat only to mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan in a larger pan that must not be deeper than the cake pan. Place the pan in the oven and pour hot water into the large pan. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Carefully turn both pans together front to back, then raise oven temperature to 375. Bake 30 to 45 minutes more or until the top is a pale golden brown.
- Carefully remove from oven and remove cheesecake pan from the hot water. Let stand until bottom of pan is completely cool. Do not refrigerate until cake has been removed from pan.