adapted from Magnolia's Bakery Almond Cresents
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, the almond extract, and the ground almonds and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Slowly mix in the flour. Make a ball with the dough and flatten with the ball of your palms. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely. When cooled, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.