peanut butter and jelly cupcake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup jelly
- peanut butter frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together, beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together. Combine dry ingredients in four parts into butter mixture, alternating with the milk and vanilla, beating well after each addition.
- Divide batter into liners, 2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool completely. Using a pastry bag and small tip, squeeze jelly into the center of each cupcake. Then decorate with peanut butter frosting using a pastry bag.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat until combined.
- Beat in the peanut butter.
- Add the vanilla and 2 cups of powdered sugar and beat at low speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl, until light and fluffy.