chocolate chip banana bread
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, and soda. Stir in chocolate chips if desired. Pour batter into two greased 9x5 inch pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.