And to celebrate my best friend from childhood's milestone birthday, I've made some chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I hope they bring back memories of us growing up together as it does for me. Happy Birthday, Jina!
choc oatmeal cookies
from bills food by bill granger
- 5-1/2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350F. Line three large baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until fluffy and smooth.
Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix lightly.
Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and play on baking trays. Flatten the balls with a fork dipped in flour.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes or until pale brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool the trays for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.