Who doesn't love rice krispies treats? This crunchy goodness was the first homemade goodie my mom ever taught me. A thing or two about my Chinese-born mother, she only makes Chinese food. She only makes Chinese food. I can't think of anything else she made when we were younger that was American. Yes, only rice krispies treats!
I remember my sister and I gathering around the stove while my mom melted the butter and the marshmallows. Those were the days. So to bring myself back to those memories of living in Chinatown New York, I only need to go to the grocery store for a box of rice krispies and a bag of marshmallows.
This time, I decided to add a little twist to the true blue sweet treat with a little nutella.
nutella rice krispies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup of nutella
- 1 (10 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice krispies cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in nutella until melted.
- Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into a buttered pan. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.