So I was stuck with a little bit of problem yesterday. What to do with all my extra lasagna ingredients? What to do? What to do? We might be going away this weekend, so with pre-chopped ingredients in the fridge made me weary. After some thought, I realized these were all the ingredients to make a quiche! I love quiche! But I haven't made one for a long time, and I mean... long because my husband claims he has never seen me make it before. Since I've known my husband for almost 4 years, that means I haven't made a single quiche for that long. I use to make them all the time! Nonetheless, I haven't forgotten how to whip one together.
bacon and onion quiche
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 16 oz bacon, chopped
- 1/2 spanish onion, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded romano cheese
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- prepare pie crust in pie pan according to directions on packaging but do not bake. set aside
- saute bacon until cooked, add onions and cook until translucent. pour into the prepared pie crust and spread into an even layer
- sprinkle an even layer of cheeses over the bacon and onion mixture
- in a bowl, mix in eggs, cream, milk, and parsley. add salt and pepper. stir until well mixed.pour over pie crust over the cheese and bacon layers.
- bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.