Do you all know why its called pound cake? Typically, it is made of a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, eggs, butter, and sugar. Can't get any more simpler than that! I ended up making one with a bit of twist - cream cheese.
cream cheese pound cake
adapted from allrecipes
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat over to 325 degrees F.
- in a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. add sugar gradually and beat until fluffy
- add eggs two at a time, beating well with each addition. add the flour all at one and mix in. add vanilla.
- pour into a 10 inch tube pan. bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.