simple strawberry peach tartIt's strawberry and peach season my friends! The local farmers markets are just flowing with blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. I've been in heaven binging on berries lately.
berries at the farmers marketI guess the only down side of having too many berries is not being able to eat them fast enough. Berries are so fragile and they spoil quickly, which makes me sad to see such good, fresh fruit go to waste. To preserve them a bit longer, I usually make jam for toast or a compote for ice cream. To change it up this time, I decided to make a tart and I managed to make one with little effort!
simple strawberry peach tart
- 2 cups of strawberries, halved
- 1 cup of diced peaches
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of sugar (less if fruit is very sweet)
- juice from a lime
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- roll out pie crust and place in a pie pan. pierce the all over the bottom with a fork
- mix the rest of the ingredients together and pour into the pie crust
- bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until crust is a golden brown
- cool before serving