One of the most common topics of conversation in the workplace is food. I can talk about food all day long, I love shopping for it, I love making it, and I especially love eating it. Chicken salad is a top choice for lunch here in the South, which led some of us to an extensive discussion of chicken salad one day. You'll be surprised how long my colleagues and I can carry on a conversation about this one topic. There is even a chicken salad chick around these parts that serve up 14 different types of chicken salads! To my surprise, amongst the 14 varieties, the chick is missing one of my favorites: curried chicken salad!
curried chicken salad
- 1 -1/2 lbs chicken, diced 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, diced finely
- olive oil
- 1/2 granny smith apple, diced finely
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Cook onions over medium heat with olive oil. Add in diced chicken, cook until the chicken is fully cooked. Place chicken and onions in a mixing bowl, set aside and allow to cool.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients together with the chicken and mixing thoroughly. Refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.