These are a few things that make a perfect lazy Sunday: my husband, pajamas, sunshine, and fruit crepes. I absolutely love these moments in my life.
crepes with ricotta filling
from bills food
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 oz butter, melted
- extra butter, for greasing the pan
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberries, quartered
- to prepare the crepes, put the flour in a large bowl, add the egg, milk, butter, and salt and whisk until smooth. refrigerate for 2 hours before cooking.
- while the crepe batter is resting prepare the filling by heating the milk in a small saucepan over a low heat for 2-3 minutes. remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. transfer the milk to a bowl and add ricotta, zest, powdered sugar, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and brush with a little butter over the base. ladle 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and tip the pan slightly to quickly and evenly spread the batter. after a minute, lift the outer edge of the crepe and flip it over and cook for a couple of seconds on the other side. repeat with the remaining batter.
- place a heaped tablespoon of filling in the center of each crepe, top with strawberries. fold the crepe into thirds. top with more strawberries.