double chocolate chip cookies
adapted from babycakes
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1-1/4 cups evaporated cane juice
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, evaporated cane juice, applesauce, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour and flax meal. Using a rubber spatula, carefully add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and combine until dough is formed. Gently fold in the chocolate chips just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1-inch apart. Gently press each with the heel of your hand to help them spread. Bake on the center rack for 14 minutes, rotating the trays 180 degrees after 7 minutes. The cookies will be crispy on the edges and soft in the center.
- Let the cookies stand on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before covering. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.