After just buying a new mini muffin pan this past weekend, I immediately needed to bake some muffins. Voila! This is a great recipe, it was so easy to make and good for you too. I could not stop eating these little veggie muffins.
whole wheat carrot muffins
from serious eats
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled a bit, plus more for greasing tin
- 2 cups (7 ounces) finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 liquid cup honey
- 1 cup (5 ounces) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin with butter. Toss the carrots with the lemon juice in medium bowl. Add eggs, butter, and honey to bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk together whole wheat flour, cake flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger in large bowl. Add carrot mixture to bowl with dry ingredients and stir with wooden spoon until combined. Beat vigorously with wooden spoon for 30 seconds.
- Fill wells of muffin tins a little more than halfway with batter. Bake 15-18 minutes, until the centers of the muffins spring back when lightly pressed with a finger tip.