I heart our new bread machine. It is the most amazing thing in the world. Last weekend, I "de-floured" it with this cinnamon roll recipe. I made less glaze then the recipe calls for because I didn't want to make them too sweet.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3-3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- Put yeast in bread machine first on bottom, then flour, sugar and salt.
- Then melt butter in microwave. Add beaten egg, milk and water.Pour onto dry ingredients.
- Follow manufacturer's directions for dough. While the dough is working, mix all filling ingredients and set aside.
- When dough is done, put it on a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough flour to make it easy to handle. If it is too elastic, cover and leave 10 minutes. Use floured rolling pin to roll out dough on floured surface.
- Roll out into a rectangular shape to approximately 1/4 inch thick. Use filling and spread over entire surface of dough with spoon. Roll up dough. Cut into 1 inch thick pieces with a sharp knife, place into a greased 9x13 pan.Cover with a kitchen towel and leave in a warm place for 30-60 minutes.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- When done, mix all glaze ingredients together and swirl glaze over rolls.