When I use to live in New York City, one of my favorite places to grab a sweet ending to my day is Magnolia Bakery. Some of you may have heard of it and those of you from "the big apple" must have had a cupcake from here at one point. They are beyond famous for their cupcakes, which I admit I don't care much for. I know, blasphemy! right? So why do I go there you ask? Uh... for their banana pudding of course. It is a little cup of clouds and dreams, I'm serious. You have to go and see for yourself. For years, I searched high and low to remake this heavenly dessert. And the word is out, here is the recipe.
magnolia bakery inspired banana pudding
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups milk (skim, 2% or whole)
- 1 large package instant vanilla jell-o pudding mix
- bananas, sliced
- nilla wafers
- toasted shredded coconut, optional
- mix milk and pudding mix together than fully dissolved, set aside.
- whip cream with a mixer until it comes together to whipped cream
- carefully combine pudding mixture and whipped cream together, fold until fully combined.
- layer in a large bowl with bananas and nilla wafers. refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- serve with shredded coconut.