I recently bought a Breville juicer (which I LOVE) and have been concocting different recipes with the leftover pulp. So, I've read, seen, and made many many recipes for banana bread, but never one for strawberry banana. So here is my latest invention.
strawberry banana bread
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 cup strawberry pulp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 tbsp unsaltd butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl; set aside.
- mix the mashed bananas, strawberry, sour cream, eggs, butter, and extracts together in a medium bowl. lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky. scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and knock pan until the mixture is smoothed out.
- bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.