banana muffin filled with fig jam
- 1/3 cup fig jam or whatever jam you have on hand, heated up
- 1-1/8 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp sugar for topping
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F. line muffin tins with liners.
- sift together flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. in another bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until thick and bright. slowly whisk in butter and oil until combined. whisk in almond milk, bananas, and vanilla until combined.
- using a rubber spatula, fold flour mixture into the egg mixture until just moist. Do not overmix.
- using an ice cream scoop, divide up the batter into the prepared cups. then spoon jam into the center of each muffin. using a chopstick of skewer, swirl the jam into the batter following a figure-eight pattern.
- sprinkle the 2 tbsp of sugar evenly over the muffins.
- bake until the muffin tops are golden and firm, 17-19 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through baking.