bbq chicken pizza
- 1 batch of pizza dough, recipe here or you can buy it pre-made from the grocery
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups spinach
- bbq sauce (I didn't have time to make any, so I bought a bottle of Stubb's. One of the few brands I can find that didn't use fructose corn syrup)
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- At least 45 minutes before making the pizza, plastone once a baking the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven as hot as possible (500° F/260° C). NOTE: If you do not have a baking stone, then use the back of a jelly pan.
- Flour your hands (palms, backs and knuckles). Take 1 piece of dough and roll it out with a rolling pin to the shape you want (about 9-12 inches/23-30 cm in diameter - for a 6 ounces/180g piece of dough), place it on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Spread some bbq sauce and then lightly top it with spinach, chicken, and mozzerella.
- Slide the garnished pizza onto the stone in the oven or bake directly on the jelly pan. Close the door and bake for about 5-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and transfer it to a cutting board or your plate.