This week, I have more creations from my Hampstead Farm's CSA goodies. With a dozen or so jalapeno peppers and two pints of muscadine grapes, I really didn't know what else to do with them other than make jelly.
muscadine pepper jelly
- 2 pints muscadine grapes
- 12 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 package of pectin
- 3 drops of green food coloring
- canning jars with lids
- Cook the muscadine grapes in a medium saucepan and crush as it starts to soften. Heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Strain the grapes through a sieve to separate the pulp and seeds from juice. Set the juice aside to cool.
- Process bell pepper and hot peppers in a food processor until finely minced. Combine pepper mixture, vinegar, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add juice, pectin and food coloring. Pour into sterilized jars and seal.