I know.... NOT another banana bread recipe? Yup. I just LOVE homemade banana bread. This time I threw in some carrots for fun (and fiber).
carrot banana bread
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 very ripe bananas)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking powder, and soda. Mix in carrots until just combined (do not over mix). Pour batter into two greased 9 x 5 inch pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces. Heat on a griddle until toasted.