Summer is here! My favorite thing to eat during the summertime are salads. We got a ton of arugula and beets from our Hampstead Farms CSA this week, so of course I whipped up some roasted beets served over spicy arugula. We've also been getting bunches of chives, which I threw together with some hard boiled eggs for a refreshing egg salad!
organic egg salad
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons Japanese mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- A tiny squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by a 1/2-inch or so. Bring to a gentle boil. Now turn off the heat, cover, and let sit for exactly seven minutes. Have a big bowl of ice water ready and when the eggs are done cooking place them in the ice bath for three minutes or so - long enough to stop the cooking. Crack and peel each egg, chop and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, a couple generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chives. Taste, and adjust the seasoning - adding more salt and pepper if needed.