Chocolate chip cookies are everyone's all time favorite. I've never met anyone who doesn't like a chocolate chip cookie. Despite it being a classic there are a ton of different recipes out there. And I am always game for revisiting an old friend. This recipe is crisp and buttery, love it.
chocolate chip cookie
adapted from the magnolia bakery cookbook
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 espresso, grounded
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. set aside.
- in a large bowl, cream butter with sugars until smooth. add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well. add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. stir in chocolate chips and espresso.
- drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion. bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.