I love breakfast foods, all breakfast foods, both savory and sweet. You name it: waffles, omelets, bagels, cereal... should I continue? One of my favorite things to make on a lazy Sunday morning is... of course... a breakfast food, French toast. It sounds so fancy but its actually really easy to make. With four simple ingredients, you can turn simple, old toast, French!
- 4 pieces of bread, white or wheat
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract, can be substituted with vanilla or other extracts of your liking
- 2 tbsp water
- whisk together eggs, extract, and water together in a shallow bowl.
- place bread one piece at a time into the egg mixture. make sure both sides have batter. let the bread soak for a few minutes.
- heat up some butter in a non-stick frying pan. on medium heat, cook toast one piece at a time, about 3-5 minutes on each side. add butter to pan as needed.