Other than baby food, I have done little cooking lately in my kitchen. It's not only been fun introducing Austin to solids, but I've been really enjoying making it all. One of my all time favorites is squash. The nutritious fall veggie is so vibrant in color. Austin absolutely loves squash. I feel like he attacks the spoon when I'm feeding it to him. It's adorable.
- 1 acorn squash
- cut acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- place the halves face down in a pan and cover with an inch of water
- bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- scoop out the squash off the skins
- place squash into a food processor or potato ricer. i used a potato ricer.
- place puree in ice cube tray to freeze. i used tovolo perfect cube ice cube trays, which are exactly one ounce per cube.