I have so many favorite vegetables, but one of my all time faves are Brussels sprouts. They're packed with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Iron, Potassium, and Manganese. I like to eat them braised, caramelized, fried, and most often roasted. Roasting them is so easy. You don't really have to do anything except toss them with some oil and salt, and stick them into the oven. I serve them with a drizzle of Vintage Olive's cinnamon and pear balsamic vinegar.
whole roasted Brussels sprouts
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any brown outer leaves
- mix them in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper
- spread them on a sheet pan and roast for 45 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly
- sprinkle with more sea salt and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. serve immediately