Squash is one of Austin's favorite foods. He's tried all sorts squash: acorn, butternut, and even Kabocha. Ever since making the first baby-friendly pancakes a couple of weeks ago, I've been experimenting with different things to put into pancakes for our little guy. So, I thought why not try some squash with the pancake recipe. It was brilliant because he LOVED them. What did I expect? He loves pancakes. He loves squash. Of course, he would love squash pancakes.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 cup of squash, cubes or mashed
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- first mix the dry ingredients together. then add the wet ingredients. mix until combined.
- pour half the batter into a lightly greased non-stick pan over low-medium heat.
- cook for 5 minutes or until you can flip the pancake over. cook the other side for another 5-10 minutes or until golden.
- cook the rest of the batter same as above.