As I had mentioned before, it has been an adventure finding new things to feed our little guy. After giving Austin chicken, beef, and a little salmon, I wanted to see how he liked turkey. That was when I remembered my sister-in-law mentioning a recipe for turkey meatloaf she tried out from wholesome baby food. I quickly Googled for it and made my own rendition into turkey meatballs.
He really loved these meatballs (as you can see from the photo above). This is an awesome finger-food for younger babies who are not quite toddlers yet. They came out very moist and soft. It was solid enough for his little fingers to grab but soft enough to crumble once it was in his mouth. I even had a few myself after being tempted by the delicious aroma all over my kitchen.
adapted from wholesome baby food
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup cooked squash
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 cup rice cereal
- pinch of dried basil
- pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a mini muffin tin.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. If the mixture is too wet, add more rice cereal. If the mixture is too dry, add some more applesauce or squash.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared tin.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Break (or mash or chop) into small pieces for finger feeding.