To kick off teacher appreciation week, I brought in some homemade granola for the teachers at Austin's daycare. I'm so glad I did because I saw that other parents had brought doughnuts and other sugary sweets. I'm sure the teachers were happy to see something healthier on the table. To add a special note, I printed a short message on some cardstock and tied it on with some ribbons. Voila!
inspired by Alton Brown's recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Mix oats, nuts, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix honey, maple syrup, and oil together. Then combine the oil mixture with oat mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and transfer to a large bowl. Add the raisins.