I feel so lucky that we have a farmer's market right outside our front down every Sunday. I haven't had to go to the supermarket to buy produce for a few weeks now. It really offers everything we need. I love supporting local farms. The kale, beets, fennel, and lavender honey goat cheese were all bought from the Old Pasadena Farmer's Market.
fennel and beet salad
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 large beet, roasted and chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, stemmed removed and chopped
- lavender and honey goat cheese
- candied pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- in a food processor, place shallots, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper. with the food processor on, slowly add in the olive oil. turn off once the dressing has emulsioned.
- toss the fennel, beets, and kale together. add as much dressing as desired.
- top the salad with goat cheese and pecans.