With a little toddler, New Years Eve is not what it use to be for us. Rather than a champagne toast, we rung in the new year with some French toast... for breakfast on New Years Day.
As we end a year and begin another, I want to thank you all for taking the time for visiting here. I look forward to sharing more of my creations this coming year. Here's to an inspiring, joyous and prosperous 2014! Happy New Year, y'all.
French toast for two
- 4 thick slices of Challah bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- whisk eggs, cream, milk, and cinnamon together.
- place bread into egg mixture and allow each slice to soak up the liquid for a few minutes.
- over medium heat, melt some butter in a frying pan. add as slices of bread onto the pan. fry each side of the bread until brown, turning them over when necessary.
- serve with powdered sugar and maple syrup.