So it's April... and its loquat season. And lucky me, my friend, Jody happened to have a loquat tree in her backyard. She brought over maybe 5lbs of these darling little fruits the other day. I ate and ate and decided I'm not going to be able to eat them all before they were spoiled. I wanted to make something that my little guy can eat and that is when I thought of fruit leather. So easy to make and it also is a great snack for kids.
They're not the most attractive looking things, so I had to put together a little artwork. The image above is inspired by one of my favorite artists, Hong Yi. I absolutely love her food series.
loquat fruit leather
- lime juice
- sugar (the amount depends how sweet the fruit is, you may not need it at all)
- wash and pit the loquat fruits.
- place fruit, lime juice and sugar into a blender. (i had about 3 lbs of loquat, 1/4 cup of sugar, and juice form 1-1/2 limes) puree until well blended.
- line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, then pour the puree into the pan.
- bake it in the oven at 140 degrees F for 8-12 hours.
- store in airtight container.