Eggplant is one of those vegetables that you either love or hate. As for me, I LOVE eggplant. It's just something that I've grown up eating all my life, so it's really comfort food for me. I still can't quite make it the way my mom does, so I've started exploring different recipes. One of the most recent successful ones I've tried is with a miso glaze.
oven-roasted eggplant with miso
adapted from i am a food blog
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 Japanese eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- toasted sesame seeds
- sliced scallions
- preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- place rice wine in a saucepan over medium heat, add miso and stir. add sugar and reduce heat to low.
- cook and stir until thicken.
- brush miso sauce onto cut sides of eggplant and roast in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes. the flesh should be tender and soft. remove from oven.
- sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions before serving.