Everyone is in full Christmas mode by now, which includes me. This time of year just makes me want to bake and craft all day long. This season we are sticking around for a very obvious reason... expecting twin babies. So we put up a modest little tree and some decorations. I wanted to put a wreath on the front door but quickly realized that the HOA here has some strict rules, so instead I decided to put a little one the inside around the peephole.
I've been collecting toilet paper rolls for a project with my toddler and now have one too many. That's when I came up with this idea of making my wreath with them. Here's directions on how to make your own.
- 29-30 toilet paper rolls
- glitter glue
- hot glue gun
- green paint
- pre-cut paper flowers
- cut each toilet paper roll into a 1/2" width strip. roll them up and secure with hot glue. repeat with all toilet paper rolls.
- glue the paper rolls together into a wreath shape.
- paint with green paint or spray paint. i hand-painted mine with acrylic paint since i already had that on hand. allow to dry.
- reinforce where needed with hot glue.
- decorate accordingly with glitter glue. i traced the swirls with the glitter glue to accent edges. allow to dry overnight.
- adhere the paper flowers with hot glue. you can use a shape punch to make the flowers or other shapes.